OK. As simple as this sounds, it may be a bit of a challenge.

Question: Does your piano play the sound of your playing in such a way that the camera can record it? This would be ideal. Or can you only monitor with headphones? This may still be doable, but not ideal.

Assuming the camera can pick up the sound of your piano and BIAB, I'd suggest using the two bar drum count-in (or creating your own at as high a volume as possible).

1. Start recording video.

2. Start the BIAB backing.

3. Get the take you want. Repeat as often as necessary. smile

5. Stop recording video and save.

6. Move to Video Editor.

7. Load your video, the mix, (and possibly) your performance track. I'd use the .wav files as the audio will normally be compressed when rendering the video. You should move the audio right on the timeline to give space for the extra video footage at the beginning. They will be on two separate tracks.

There usually is no "snap to grid' feature in a video editor...a good thing imo, in this case. (They will snap to each other). Using the sound from the camera (which will contain the sound of the count-in and the sound of your play) slide the video at increasing high magnification until the count-in on the video sound and the count-in on the mix are in synch.

This much should get you very, very close to completely in synch. And I think you can verify it with the sound from camera playing against the sound from the Mix. I can't see any tiny variation being a detriment to what you are wanting to do.

8. Trim both video and audio where you want them to begin at the same point, and move them both LEFT to the beginning. Trim the endings as you see fit.

9. Mute the sound on the video and set levels for the mix

10. Render complete video.

Now then. Assuming your piano makes no sound the camera can pick up and you must monitor BIAB on headphones:

Find something that can make a sharp, short sound--like two drumsticks striking each other. Clack on one or more beats of the count-in. Then synch your CLACK on the video soundtrack to the corresponding beat on the count-in in the mix. Downsides--you'll have to be pretty much dead on, and you'll have to remember what beats correspond. smile

You can then synch that CLACK in the video sound in the same way I outlined above, sliding tracks at ever-increasing magnification. Clean it up, and render.

Again, this is going to get you very, very close. I don't believe a viewer will be able to discern any tiny out-of-sync unless your CLACK is too far off. So mind your CLACK. wink

One way that might provide some additional verification would be to render the BIAB song as a video. Maybe that extra little bit of eye-ear coordination might be useful.

Anyway. That's the way I'd do what you want to do. I don't think the pros would object too loudly. They would just be glad they have better ways and higher budgets.

BIAB 2021 Audiophile. Windows 10 64bit. Songwriter, lyricist, composer(?) loving all styles. Some pre-BIAB music from Farfetched Tangmo Band's first CD. https://alonetone.com/tangmo/playlists/close-to-the-ground