https://soundcloud.com/user-47797156/dont-push-too-far

This is a remix of an older song with the original stems (run through my Kurzweil) and an RD substitute track. I made it right after I discovered "pushes". Not one to be subtle about these things, I used a LOT of them and from such came the name. I also used a boatload of sus4 chords, but "(Don't) Sus4 Too Much" is a terrible name for a piece.

It was a (mostly) failed attempt to do a The Doobie Brothers-style instrumental such as can be found on their Stampede Album. I was more proficient actually doing the doo...well, you know. But I tried.

****** Song Summary *************
Title: Push Me Too Far
File:Push Me Too Far.MGU
Key=G , Tempo 120, Length (m:s)=3:34
8 bar intro, 32 bar chorus, from bar 9 to bar 40. Repeat x3 choruses
Melody has 414 notes, saved patch is Alto Sax (66)
Soloist track has 879 notes, saved patch is Fiddle (111), embedded patch on track is Vibes (12), at bar 24
Style is BEEBROK4.STY (BeeB Rock 4 Variation)
Style MIDI Instruments are : Finger Electric Bass (34), Electric Piano (5), Clean Electric Guit (28), Strings (49),
MIDI Drums :1 Standard Drum Kit (1)

RealDrums will be substituted :RockEven8: a: Snare, HiHat b: Snare busy, HiHat

I don't know what happened to the fiddle, strings, and vibes, but the SAX melody ran through a guitar patch.

I mixed in Reaper until my earlobes detached. I used multi-band compression for the first time--primarily on the keys and back-ground guitar. I used ReaTune to pitch-shift a guitar note in two places. If I hadn't, the guitar would not be hitting that high G. You can't do an official unofficial The Doobie Brothers-style song without a high.

G.

I don't do that any more, I had fun making it. I had fun remembering how I made it. And I even had a bit of fun mixing it. I hope you have fun listening. I'm all done and stuff now.

Last edited by Tangmo; 05/20/20 11:53 AM.

BIAB 2021 Audiophile. Windows 10 64bit. Songwriter, lyricist, composer(?) loving all styles. Some pre-BIAB music from Farfetched Tangmo Band's first CD. https://alonetone.com/tangmo/playlists/close-to-the-ground