Eric, you are likely the only who has tried to bring Scaler into BIAB. Personally, my workflow is to get my music out of BIAB and not try to bring music into it. So I won't be trying that. I have found that Scaler and Reaper and EZKeys all trade chord charts effortlessly via drag and drop. So once I have BIAB tracks in Reaper I am good to go with using the necessary tools.

First, Scaler 2.0 was only released yesterday so much is still to be learned regarding its features and capabilities. But initial impressions suggest that there will be little synergy, at this moment, with BIAB and Scaler.

I know, this is likely coming as a surprise to some. Scaler is midi chord progressions at its core, which is exactly how BIAB started. Scaler will drag and drop midi content across EZkeys and Reaper - Sweet and powerful! These three apps (Scaler, EZKeys and Reaper) all permit midi in and out via drag and drop. So there are lots of options there.

However, BIAB does not play nice with other apps. Meaning BIAB does not permit moving midi content across applications in a simple manner. The "write chords to file" feature in BIAB is not automated and requires "clean up" before the output is usable. At the same time, Inputting midi files into BIAB is limited.

I am a big fan of all these tools. But until BIAB learns to play nice with the other kids by exchanging data in a simple workflow, I don't see the practicality of the pairing. For the time being I am using Reaper as the middle man to keep both apps working together to the best I can manage.

Last edited by MusicStudent; 05/27/20 08:58 AM.

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper