Originally Posted By: Birchwood
I fear I am a castaway, Robbert.

There wasn't any 'borrowed landscape' related to your song, much to my regred.
So it must be an original song. I only recognized the style. I used it as well. Only some other instruments.
Although I think I have given you enough compliments on your writing- and singing skills in the past, I will continue saying that again.
Your voice easily gets you pinpointed to the song. It is soft, but so present! Enjoyed it very much.
The band played very gentle. 'Even the pedal' had a nice role in the song.
Nicely done!

Hans

Thank you for those likes, Hans.
In retrospect I think I`d have done better to leave out that intro and just see if anyone recognised the reference.

Originally Posted By: cubanpete
Hi Robert, this is a great tune all around. Thanks for posting.

Mike B.

I appreciate your listen, Mike.

Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Love the musical texture you've created here Robert.......beautiful and meditative!!! Vocal is one of your best!! Lyrics are interesting.....nothing wrong with borrowing a line now and then! VERY COOL!!! Take care. Greg

Very kind, Greg- thank you for commenting.

Originally Posted By: PeterF
Robert

One of your best arrangements, both vocally and musically.
Excellent sounding band and very nice harmonies and your always inventive lyrics.

Peter

Peter,
Many thanks for that!

Originally Posted By: Leon1
Hi Robert
Sitting in a tin can, high above the world. One of my favourites. Nice touch that your line the second time says there is something that can be done. Plagarism? I prefer to think of it as 'the folk process.' If it's good enough for the likes of Bob Dylan, who has borrowed both lyrics and melodies throughout his career, I reckon it's good enough for you and me. Always enjoy your lyrics and singing and this is another fine piece of work.
Regards,
Leon

Hi Leon,
Its nice to know someone got the subtle change in that borrowed lyric, and heard good things in this.
Thank you!

Robert