Originally Posted By: Deej56
Robert,

Great feel to this song. Some really creative near rhymes in this song that work well and a poetic, emotive write Terrific production work on this as well. I’m not sure how I feel about the Bowie lyric reference. I get the rationale, but that line is somewhat iconic—perhaps if it were more clear a reference to that song, it might work better for me and divert my attention less. A subjective comment—it will hit people in different ways—but offering it up for what it’s worth.

Enjoyed this one! Nice work!

All my best,

Deej

Thanks for the positives, Deej.
For an iconic line its surprising how few folks seem to recognize it, though I take your point it will be distracting to some.

Originally Posted By: Belladonna
Love the imagery and the pedal steel is one of my favorites. A song that your mind can drift on and be interpreted by the listener. Interesting lyrics.

Thank you for the kind review!

Originally Posted By: Al-David
Hi Robert ...

I have to admit the reference passed right by me. But, at the time, i was playing nothing but what was then Contemporary Country ... 25-28 nights a month. So, 98% of my listen was country.

Regardless, this is one really great song. You've painted your own musical landscape ... a soundscape, I suppose ... that is so magnetic. it just clings to your brain ... in the best of ways. there's a magnetism that makes this wonderful listen cling to your soul. Such a wonmderful delivery!

Wishing you the very best ...

Alan

Alan,
I appreciate that poetic description and your support for my endeavors!

Robert