Hey Steve,

This is quite good, in fact really good. I agree with the other comments about the chord progression and arrangment - very well done. Agree with the vocals too - excellent but just need to be a bit louder for my taste. You've got a real interesting mix of styles and vibes going here - I can hear some Cars, and as mentioned a bit of Traveling Wilburys, and I think maybe a bit of Fountains of Wayne, but at the same time I can hear a distinctive style of your own mixed in there, just starting to emerge. I think you are onto something here. Very few songs that I come across in this forum or other places these days have a really appealing and distinctive style, but I hear it in this piece. That's what will get you listeners and popularity. Especially when you have a catchy and appealing style which is what you've got here. I'm no producer or and not even close to a musician, but I would encourage you to double down on your own sound - keep going for it - find that pocket that no one has quite hit yet.

Cheers,

Ed Z

Soundcloud profile
https://soundcloud.com/user-415064494
BIAB user since 2019
iPad Mini, Garageband for iOS, BIAB for Windows 2020 UltraPAK, Xtra Styles packs 6-9, Windows 10 Lenovo PC, Kontakt Player, SpitFire LABS, SampleTank 4 CS, some Soundfonts