Hi, Lately I have gotten interested in getting the BIAB midi melody to sound like a real instrument. I did a search and found this 10 year old thread.. Someone suggested some things in one of my very old posts as well. Rather than use this very old info I thought I would ask what is the latest and greatest on this topic. Specific questions include, quality (can it trick those who are not told it is midi), cost, software or hardware, what does PG music recommend and sell and does everyone agree this is the best. It makes sense that PG Music would get behind the better methods. I read that PG Music use to sell the Ketron SD2 synth. Lastly is there any way to get this realistic sound out to the BIAB export to a wav file. That is my biggest interest as I want to better inspire members of my Jazz Jams Club to get involved and even buy BIAB which makes getting involved easier. It kind of started when I recently got a very anti BIAB drummer friend using .wav exports of BIAB backing tracks. I now have hope...lol. He may even buy BIAB some day :-) Another use is to have BIAB do melody during a live jam when the melody person does not show and I (and no one else attending) is capable of doing the melody.

Thanks,
John

Last edited by bowlesj; 06/20/20 04:55 AM.

John Bowles
My playing in my 20s:
https://www.reverbnation.com/johnbowles