Originally Posted By: bowlesj

My question has nothing to do with front end. It has to do with making the melody track such that it does not turn people new to BIAB off. I think PG-Music needs to have an over view course web page for absolute beginners on this topic "making the melody track such that it does not turn people new to BIAB off". The beginner steps through the course topics in prerequisite sequence after they get the overview.

The answer to your question is two fold 1) how you create the midi (This I assume is what you are calling "front end") and 2) what you use to turn the midi into audio.

Therefore you can not ignore the front end as it is a huge contributing factor to the realism of the sound output. It appears you are creating you midi directly from staff notation entry. One of the first responses advised that this was not optimum,

Quote:
4-Buy a MIDI keyboard controller

Midi creation (front end) has to be "played" to reach the level of realism we are expecting when we chose the high end synths for playback. That is what Carlos and others are telling you. Also why the MidiSupertracks of BIAB are the choice and why BIAB is not the only tool you need. Took me a long time to appreciate this fact.

And finally, regarding the "latest and greatest methods", I can tell you that none of this has changed in the past 20 years. There is little to nothing new in BIAB or industry technology to change this fundamental premise regarding midi.

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper