Originally Posted By: fiddler2007
Originally Posted By: MartinB
For thoroughly authentic piano and organ sounds you might want to check out physical instrument simulations such as -> Pianoteq

Pianoteq ... I am really not impressed, the piano's sound canned, a little distorted. Too much cheap sounding reverb.
OK when solo maybe but for mixing (MIDI or not) instrument stuff i used the Toontrack EZkeys Vintage piano quite often in the past.

@Rustyspoon is right, some GM stuff sounds quite good, in the past i used Hypersonic, and now HalionSonic which is 64 bit even.
The free SE version is also quite good. Plus that the pianos sound quite better than Pianoteq.

This is a perfect example of the fact that music is subjective, as we each hear what we hear. Pianoteq is my go to piano sounds! Lots of good to say about EZKeys grands but for me, Pianoteq is the cheery on the top of the cake.

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper