Right, I think that since Dare to Compare was made over a decade ago, the number (and quality) of softsynths has exploded. The number of hardware synths is more, too, but by a far less degree. With so many available, it would be overwhelming for PG Music to demo them all. So that’s why I think a practical way to do it is as follows:

PG Music creates three or so BIAB song files, one each in a couple of genres like country, pop, and jazz. The styles used should be available to all, from the Pro version of BIAB.

PG Music creates a new version of the Dare to Compare Web page with MP3 audio of whatever synths they offer or sell, playing these song files.

PG Music makes the MGU song files available to us.

We prepare audio files using our choice of synth. We follow their guidelines about maximum volume and sample rate etc.

We send these audio files to PG Music with info about what created them, a link to the vendor, and any out-of-the ordinary instructions needed to use it.

PG Music adds this info to their web page.

A separate but linked web page to follow would be a video showing installation in BIAB of a few of the more common synths. This would include coverage of VST3, Kontakt Player, DXi, patch maps. Etc.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors