Originally Posted By: Funkifized
Oh, I want those horns! I'm not a keyboard player, though. At least not in real time. Is there a way to get those controllers and articulations in with BIAB? Do the MIDI sounds come preprogrammed with, say, vibrato on the end of the longer notes, etc.? How can one get this stuff using step entry methods? Like select a note and choose a crescendo for that one note, etc.? Can I step enter edit the notes of the MIDI file in the Inignus software, and then import the MIDI file into BIAB or Real Band?

The (BIAB, Notation, editable notation mode, right click on a note, Edit Note, velocity of the note) adjustment is the general area where a lot of the BIAB midi melody descriptions would likely be entered (vibrato, slide up to the note from the prior note, slide down to the note from the prior note, bend up/down rather than slide, pick angle, slap, etc). Maybe BIAB would know what Synth is installed and somehow allow one to tweak the notes here (maybe a button to take you to a whole new way to update the midi sounds the synth can handle).

Personally I am not a big fan of loosing the old tried and true methods of representing notes. I barely use Guitar tabs (just a tiny bit in MuseScore and just for exercises). I have spent most of my musical hours (like 99.9%) with sheet music in front of me and 85% of the time I do not look at my guitar fingers.

Last edited by bowlesj; 06/23/20 09:59 AM.

John Bowles
My playing in my 20s:
https://www.reverbnation.com/johnbowles