Originally Posted By: berntd
ok, but we digress, i need to get a new laptop to my amp to sound as great as the old one.

I have just tried a Behringer UMC202HD interface. It does sound better on that laptop but still not as good as the old laptop directly. (old laptop states "beatsAudio) on it.

"Beats Audio is an enhanced audio controller that brings a deep bass and clear sound. "

We're not digressing. Your Behringer interface bypasses the soundcard of your laptop and replaces it as the amplifier for the software output. Your older laptop produced low end enhanced audio boosting the bass output.

<<< It is the sound out of the audio out jack, analog to my amplifier >>>

You should no longer connect this way. Use the Behringer UMC202HD interface instead. Connect the audio outputs from the interface to your amplifier. It will still be an analog connection.

<<< I am probably going to return the new laptop. What is a good laptop to get for BIAB and audio purpose? >>>

No need to return the new laptop. Use the output of the UMC202HD interface. The issue is your ears are use to the Bass Boost of the older computer output. The Behrnger UMC202Hd interface will provide you clearer and better balanced analog output than your older computer or the new computer soundcards.

Last edited by Charlie Fogle; 07/02/20 01:54 AM.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.