I was on the fence about going to Melodyne 5 but I watched Mike Enjo’s video and some of the features looked good. I got some money refunded for the trip to Europe I paid for last year but cannot take due to the lockdown, so I thought why not.

Well I’m totally surprised and thrilled to bits.

I usually use Melodyne for converting a bit of whatever audio to MIDI. For example a RealTrack when there is something I don’t like about the instrument but like what is played. Often however there is quite a bit of playing about in Melodyne 4 such as deleting or moving blobs. Sometimes it is hard to get the chords and or picking just how it was.

Today I pulled the audio of some Realtracks I had played with in the past into Sonar. Used Melodyne 5 with ARA. Melodyne 5 neatly found the chords and correct notes saved it as MIDI. Unlike in the past the MIDI came up clean without a heap of extra notes I did not want. This was both for piano, bass and guitar.

All I then had to do was pull in the MIDI tracks apply them to the instrument and away it went. Very easy and done in no time. I was able to put in what was a RealTrack picking on a nylon string guitar and apply the picking to the AmpleSound Martin Acoustic. Also a piano track that I didn’t like the tone so much put the track to Addictive Keys where I could set my own tone.

A long story but what I’m trying to say is the Melodyne 5 update is well worth it IMHO.

Tony

HP i7-4770 16GB 1TB SSD, Win 10 Home,
Focusrite 2i2 3rd Gen, Launchkey 61, Maton CW80, Telecaster, Ovation Elite TX, Yamaha Pacifica 612
BB 2022(912) RB 2022(2), CakeWalk, Reaper 6, Audacity, Melodyne 5 Editor, Izotope Music Production Suite 4.1