Hi,

I'm confused again :-(

I imagine there's some standard sequence one goes though to achieve what I want, but at present, every atempt I make seems to have a different outcome:

I'm trying to create songs with, e.g., 6 choruses, with melody in first and last choruses, solos in the middle choruses and one middle chorus with no solo to leave space for me. That should be all pretty stabndard, I think.

But I'm struggling because the medley stuff seems to be in several places and seems to be inconsistent.

The first oddity is that even if I have already defined a medley, from the "Assign RealTracks to Track" dialog I have to select some realtrack that I don't want to allow me to open the medley dialog "Create a Medley of different RealTracks...". The track I selected to get there is not then used. I set it to change every chorus.

I then go to the soloist tab and open the Soloist Dialog", where I can select the solo mode and "Mute melody in middle", which should mute the melody in the middle choruses, but does no always seem to do so.

I'm unclear when or how best to (re)generate the solos and on some occasions the regeneration seems bizarre, for example it will generate for instruments not in the medley, or it will mute all the instruments other than the soloist.

Advice, please?

Jazz relative beginner, starting at a much older age than was helpful.
Kawai MP6, Korg M50, Ui24R, Saffire Pro 40.
AVL:MXE Linux; Windows 11; Win8.1: Scarletts
BIAB2022 UltraPAK, Reaper, a bunch of stuff.