:-) Hmm, well, I think BIAB's become a bit complicated by growing features perhaps a little haphazardly. Lots of software has issues like this, especially where the authors have tried to not change things too much to maintain continuity. On the whole that's a good thing, even when it causes the occasional hitch.

Often the reason that hitches don't get found is because everyone who has already used the software extensively knows their way around it pretty well, finds what they expect and want, and things run smoothly.

When someone with little or no knowledge of the software comes in and tries to use it, they can expose things just by doing what, to existing users, seems illogical or silly or "the hard way" or whatever. I used to work with a guy who was brilliant at breaking things we all thought were rock solid.

I don't think I'd describe what's happening here as "broken", anyway. Just a bit quirky when used in what may well prove to be an odd way. What my wife describes as a "picnic" ... "problem in chair, not in computer". :-)

Jazz relative beginner, starting at a much older age than was helpful.
Kawai MP6, Korg M50, Ui24R, Saffire Pro 40.
AVL:MXE Linux; Windows 11; Win8.1: Scarletts
BIAB2022 UltraPAK, Reaper, a bunch of stuff.