Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle

There's some confusion in terminology regarding the audio output quality. In the statement above you disagree with, it references PLAYBACK in your particular circumstance with your old HP Laptop, that laptop used a software program to enhance and boost the bass frequencies and over time, playback sounded good to your ears. In fact, you found it preferable to the playback you experience from both your internal soundcard and your new Behringer interface. That's on your personal system and is relevant only to your system. Your HP produced an artificial frequency response that was not good for playback on other sound systems.

Please do not assume that I am confused or do not know the terminology.
I stand by what I said.

I have tested this with several different people listening and the result is the same. The HP has a substantially better sound, agreed by everyone who hears it over here.
In fairness. by "better sound" I mean "perceived better sound".

I have since experimented with an equalizer on the new laptop output to see if I can get the sound to be similar to the HP. It is not possible.

The difference is in the fidelity of the sound not the frequency response.

It is like comparing the sound of a CD versus MP3 versus CD on a valve amplifier.
It is just not there on the new laptop.

The Behringer is better but still not quite.

In fact, nobody over here can tell the differenne between the Behringer and the headphone output of my Samsung TAB A tablet - which is also not bad.

It would be interesting to run all these through an AP and see what is going on.

It is also interesting that nobody publishes any audio specs for the Laptops not the Behringer. At least, I cannot find any.

Regards
Bernt

Last edited by berntd; 07/11/20 01:01 PM.

Band in a Box
Latest: ULTRA 2020 (734) on Win 10
And: MEGA 2020 (720) on Windows 7