Originally Posted By: Andrew - PG Music
It sounds like you also copied the activated license 'ticket' files from your old PC. To fix this problem, (on your new PC) go to C:\Users\Public\Ticket and delete the bb*.ticket and bb*.bin files. Do that with Band-in-a-Box closed, and when you next launch it you should be able to activate.

Hmm, I may have to do something on my setup for this. At present I'm building a lot of songs on my desktop PC, because I have a comgortable place to use it and two screens. The PC I'll use when I'm playing will be a small notepad ... it's about 12" diagonal wide-screen, so not really convenient for the job of building songs.

The obvious first issue is that I was under the impression I could install and use on multiple PCs, but your post suggests I'm mistake, unless I can flip back-and-forth with that restore. If that's the case, I presume I must remember to release the license on the desktop PC and reactivate the notepad, before I go to a session or I'll be stuck with no license on the notepad.

Help->Utilities in the manual refers to: "Special Options for Activation/De-Activation" but that isn't present on my Desktop. I thought I'd activated the notepad, but I appear mistaken.

The other issue appears trivial ... I plan to keep both PCs synchronised and obviously I need to exclude the license .bin and .Ticket files ... I presume licenses are fingerprinted to the particular PC.

Jazz relative beginner, starting at a much older age than was helpful.
Kawai MP6, Korg M50, Ui24R, Saffire Pro 40.
AVL:MXE Linux; Windows 11; Win8.1: Scarletts
BIAB2022 UltraPAK, Reaper, a bunch of stuff.