Bob,

Just so you know I'm not blowing smoke - I worked for Westone labs for 5 years. I ran the hearing protection product line business the last 2. Westone is one of the largest suppliers to the hearing aid industry with custom fit earpieces and audiology supplies. They also invented in-ear monitors, designed and manufactured the first models of in-ear monitors by Shure and Ultimate Ears.

If you have a good set of closed back headphones, I can almost assure you the method I will take you through will give you significantly more satisfaction listening to music than through your hearing aids. If you have a good set of in-ear monitors, it will be even better.

Our comptroller had a significant mis-matched hearing loss (significantly different losses left vs. right ear). I did this for him for several of his favorite CDs (I re-recorded them going through the 'upside down HL curve EQ sets' that I created from his HL curves.

He did not have a DAW, though I showed him how to set everything up in Tracktion - the only truly free DAW at the time - so that he could go through his CD collection and re-record his collection specifically for headphone listening for him.

He loved it - said it moved him to tears. It's a lot of work to get it tweaked in, but if you understand how to use a graphic EQ and have a DAW that will let you apply separate right and left graphic EQs in series, it can be very worth it.

This is a technique that you will use WITHOUT your hearing aids. Unfortunately even very high end models do not have the processing power dedicated to music (even though you probably have several 'programs' for music listening) nor fidelity in the speakers used, to give satisfaction listening to music.

I will do this for free, if you would like. Send me a PM