Peter: It's all over the place with no standardized notation. Many of the books don't even have notation, just tablature. Some have 4/4 time with no cut-time or common time symbol, some have 2/4 time with a cut-time symbol, some have 4/4 time with common time symbol.

Earl Scruggs definitive book on Bluegrass Banjo has them as 2/4 time with the cut-time symbol but that seems to be the exception in my collection. Janet Davis's excellent book on Melodic Bluegrass Banjo from Mel Bay is all 8th based notes with 4/4 time signatures. All 12 volumes on flatpick guitar from Flatpick Guitar Magazine are all showing as 8th based notes using 4/4 time. Steve Kaufman's 406 page book on American Fiddle Tunes from Mel Bay has over 300 songs all notated in 4/4 time with 8th notes.

I understand where you are coming from and the BIAB way of notating does not bother me at all since I have quite a few years (50+) under my belt playing banjo, guitar and bass.

Interesting note that PG Music's old program, Master Flatpick Guitar Solo's, which I bought decades ago, has some of their songs, in notation mode, showing as 8th based notes with no cut-time symbol and some has 16th based notes also with no cut-time symbol.

All that being said, the new cut-time display mode will be a welcome addition to this already fantastic program I have been using since the days of floppy disks.

Keep 'em coming.

BIAB2024
Windows 10 Pro
WA6NCB