Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Alan,

WOW. That sounds good!

Every aspect of this is a stand-out.
The drums sound great - loud and proud, but not overdone.
The bass is warm AND punchy - a great combination.
The synth pad is perfectly mixed - "just there".

And what a SWEET guitar! Can we assume the entire thing is the BritPsycPopBallad? Did you add processing to the RT? It sits perfectly in the mix. And it sounds amazingly "coherent" - like it was performed JUST for this piece.

The mix is outlandishly good. I've already listened several times and plan to listen several more...

You create instrumentals that are WORTH listening to...

Awesome.

fj

Hi Floyd ...

As always, your comments are much too kind. But I sure do appreciate reading them.

This one came together pretty easily... about 8 hours total from inception to finished ... well, as finished as a song ever gets for me.

The most difficult part of the song was settling on the loop I wanted for the "storm wind" I wanted at the beginning and then gently throughout the rest of the song, with a little more prominence on the choruses. I previewed 15 or more before settling on the one I used.

Actually, the only track from the BritPsycPopBallad style I used was the Solo Guitar. I kept the original Bass, EP, and Rhythm Guitar. I dropped the original drums and found the ones I used (Texas Rock) and then I introduced the Synth and Loop that you hear. So, it's an amalgamation I used for this hybrid sound.

On the solo guitar track, I added some chorus echo/delay. Not a lot, just enough for four or five quickly decaying repeats. I mixed it fairly wet and cut back on the reverb from the BIAB mixer. That's all I did. I was very happy with the results.

As far as mixing, I think you know that the closest thing I use to a DAW is Audacity. I recorded straight from the BIAB Chord Input sheet to Audacity and did some minor fine tuning there. From there I saved it as a high bit-rate MP3 and a Wave file. That was my entire production process ... no 3rd party loops or tracks, no fx/embellishment from outside BIAB, no external mixer. Just straight forward recording off the chord input sheet into Audacity.

I'm delighted you liked the final product. It's one of my recent favorites. Again, many thanks!

You and yours take care and be safe ...

Alan

Last edited by Al-David; 07/29/20 04:48 AM.

BIAB 2024 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win11*16GB DDR5*Rhyzen 9745x*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120* Acoustic/Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops