Mr. Henry.

I'm glad to see you here on the forum posting. I have a Tascam DP24 (the original version with midi and CD burner) that I use for recording in a similar way as you.

Your vocal recording method isn't discussed in this video and that subject may be a good future tutorial. That would be a real treat. I am a big supporter and proponent of stand alone, digital multi track recorders knowing it solves so many issues home recording artists face using a DAW.

At this point, if I may, I have two questions on your recording with an external device;

I'm understanding you do all of the mixing and arranging of the individual instrumental audio tracks generated by BIAB in Sonar and then separately record all of the vocals, lead, lead L, lead R, Oooh/Aaaah's and additional backing harmonies-spoken words into the Tascam DP32 and transferring those raw audio vocal tracks into Sonar for mixing, arranging and adding effects.

In order to accurately record all the different vocal takes, what audio do you use to record to in the DP32? Possibly, just a WAV stereo master of the basic BIAB tracks you first loaded into your Sonar DAW or a WAV master stereo file of a rough mix from the initial BIAB files with some of the additional instruments added or do you transfer multiple instrumental audio tracks into the DP32 to record all the vocals.

I'm assuming you do all of the vocal corrections, punch-in's and overdubs using the DP32 and then transfer the complete final takes over to Sonar?

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.