Originally Posted By: jptjptjpt
Well played song. Great lyrics and vocals. Lovely piano. I am primarily a lyricist who uses guitar and piano (not good on either) to get my songs across - until BIAB came along. The piano playing was well done. I wish I played that good. Nice song.

jpt3 - thanks! I appreciate that...

Originally Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm
The first two lines immediately grabbed me.

The chorus is one of the best I heard. Lyrics are brutally honest and so effective at touching the listener.

Another superb vocal performance.

Thanks, EZ...

Originally Posted By: tommyad
floyd, first of all, that does not sound like dabbling in the least. The piano is the perfect palette for this song and played very very well! There is little doubt that we will be hearing more of that in the future. The write is another fine relationship song that you do so well. The bass fits in amazingly well and the nylon guitar is one of my favorite real tracks. Congratulations on your first piano song. It’s a success, Tom

Tom - thanks for the confidence boost regarding the piano parts... I feel it is "a beginning", but did hope that it would a least be passable at this point...

Originally Posted By: Birchwood
Hi Floyd,

This is a very nice piece of work you made!
And surprisingly this time you took the piano as the lead instrument. I didn't know you also play the piano. I am impressed by your play. Very good!
But NOT surprisingly it is a quality song. Of course it is, I should say because I haven't heard anything less from you than quality songs.
With your voice this sad song really sounds sad. Nearly desperate. In these times it can ease people.

Very well done,
Hans

Appreciate all of that, Hans...

Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
FJ,
A little late for the party. Very nice tune. A little more than just piano dabble there. Ace composition and vocals. Liked that solo!
Thank you for sharing.

Misha.

Thanks, Misha. Thanks for mentioning the solo - I like it, too!!

Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Floyd,
The piano based simple production gives your fine vocals more of a vulnerable feel.
This might be the most pared down song I`ve heard from you (guitar outro excepted), and it shows how well you write emotion into a familiar heartbreak lyric (never maudlin, always sounding real).
A brave and enjoyable venture away from the Biab toolbox!

Robert

Robert - thanks for taking the time to listen and comment (and for the fine comments they are...)

Originally Posted By: David Snyder

Floyd,

This is awesome!!!!!

I remember you told me you were practicing piano. This is gorgeous.

May just be my favorite song of yours so far. Really authentic sounding!!! Incredible!!

Thanks, David... still practicing, of course...

Originally Posted By: MusicStudent
crazy

Dan - I am disappointed that you deleted your comments. I felt they were worthwhile and valid from your perspective and worth giving a response to...