Originally Posted By: Leon1
Nice one, Hans. Enjoyed the story. Good use of the synth stabs on the chorus and as you say, some tasty lead guitar.
Regards,
Leon

Hi Leon, thanks for your nice comment!

Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Great rocker Hans supported by a very cool and clever lyric.
And your vocal delivered the story with good hard hitting authority.
The RT/RD choice was excellent as was the mix. Good work with the solo RT.
It all shines and especially your humor!

Enjoyed it.
J&B

Hi J&B, you wrote nice words about the song. Thanks very much! I hope humor stays welcome these days. I was thinking if I could offend someone with the subject. People become more sensitive these days. But then decided not to tell about the hidden message in this song ;-) and call it humor. But I noticed you always write so kind and never mention something 'bad', like the sibilance or the abrupt ending. But I don't mind if you do. I am still learning song making, mixing and mastering. All comment is therefor welcome.

Originally Posted By: Tangmo
Ahh... the pains and pleasures of squatting. And renting. And buying too, for that matter. Great rocking groove. You already know I love your vocals. The leads are really tasty. I kinda wish that last one had been given a bit more room to breathe. Maybe too abrupt an ending, but then again--I just imagine the wine has run out and so has your tolerance. That's my "artistic interpretation". A lot of fun listening.

Hi Tangmo, it is a nice feeling when seeing people start fantasizing about the subject and make their own story with it. Starting with draw renting and buying equal to squatting! And more! The part where wine begins playing an important role in accepting people. You did both! I expect a song from your hand where this is all at hand. I will help you, if you want. But when reading your post I doubt if you need my support! Thanks for your nice and funny remarks!
Originally Posted By: MarioD
This is a super rocker. Loved those synth stabs. Your vocal is really strong and those lyrics were fantastic.

Originally Posted By: MarioD
This is a super rocker. Loved those synth stabs. Your vocal is really strong and those lyrics were fantastic.
I didn't think the guitar lead was too loud.
But I'm a guitarist and everybody knows that a guitarist has to be loud during a lead whistle

Hello Mario, I'm afraid your and my ears have had their best times. The guitar was indeed too loud, the sibilance was too much and the ending was an error. But I appreciated you not mentioned this at all. I think we can get along real good, don't you? you like wine?

Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
Hello Hans,
Strong composition and that nice solo! Vocal performance is great and sits well "in" the mix, but a bit high on EQ.
If you are up for the test, just bring that high band curve down, like good 25-35% (not 5%) on vocals only and post it 2 versions side by side to see what "common" ear of a few listeners will tell you. In any case, it is a good solid tune with a lot of drive, effective style changes from Rock to Funk and well thought out musical elements. Fun lyrics @ rhyme! Thank you for sharing.

Misha.

Hi Misha, sometimes I wished we had continued our 'private' conversations on EQ-ing. I turned every knob down on the eq, but that didn't do much. I figured out I have created sibilance somewhere on the way in the mix or mastering proces. Hope I can find it without killing my songs. I now corrected some things and added an Izothope D-esser at the last position of the plugin chain in the masteringproces. It feels it sounds better now, so I uploaded it to SoundCloud. Thanks a lot for your advise and kind comment!

Stay save everyone!
Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
https://soundcloud.com/user-296497130