Actually, any midi keyboard will do that job. I have 2 synths in my studio. Both are midi capable and have been used for different projects depending on the need.

Things to consider....

number of keys. I would recommend a 61 key as a minimum. You might not think you need that many but there will come a time when you will want that many.

Touch sensitive. The harder you press the louder and more aggressive the note is played. Like a real piano and adds that human feel to the playing.

Weighted keys. Weighted keys more closely resemble the feel of a real piano vs the "nothing behind it" feel of many synths. Each has its advantages.

A few places not to overlook in your search to buy a keyboard controller. Yard sales, pawn shops, and want ads for sale. Everybody has one of these laying around that they don't play with and will often sell it in really good shape for way less than the music store. Unless you really need the brand new, with a warrantee, in the original box.... don't buy it from a music store unless that's the way you roll.

The 2 I got.... one was given to me absolutely free and the other I bought lightly used from the keyboard player in our house band when she left the band. I think she was asking half price of it new.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.