As jazzmmamal said on his replay, this is not a problem of BIAB itself.

Nowadays it's normal to see professional workflows on many areas, where a lot of important data is handled trough and by local or remote storage systems, thing that a few years ago was a elite thing only for big companies but now is getting to the home users.

Now, why i'm saying this?; There's something that we can't forget and is that All local networks are on constant activity and the performance of the communication and data exchange between the attached devices can be affected by a lot of factors, some of them can be controlled, others not. To be able to control this factors and have a fail-proof system, you need a really strong and capable structure, and then you can think on using it on bandwidth intensive tasks.

By the nature of digital audio, is required an almost instantaneous access to the data chunks of the file being read; This is much more important when comes to rendering and converting files, and beside of the CPU, the main factor that affects the speed and the quality is the available bandwidth for the conversion.

I've been doing NAS and file transfer systems on my local network for some time, and i can give you some technical tips to get the most out of the performance of your network:
  • Install and use the best Hard Drives / SSDs you can afford for your NAS.
  • Configure you RAID in the most convenient type for the use you'll going to give it.
  • If your NAS is being used only by your computer, use a secondary network adapter to communicate with the drives, this avoids any problem caused by incoming or outcoming connections overloading the network adapter, that could slow the data-transfer speed.
  • Use the best quality cables, this is vital to have a good connection quality.
  • Always use the best rated OS and software on you NAS, this will let you troubleshoot any malfunction with plenty of information.

You have to remember that, even with the best system you can afford, you'll always have the limitation of the speed, because the network doesn't have the same speed that a SATA or M.2 ssd or even a mechanical drive, therefore, the speed and performance of you conversion will fall too.

The best thing you can do, is get a USB external drive and access the RealTracks and RealDrums from there, i wouldn't recommend to use them on a local storage on network.

Last edited by Nucleox; 08/23/20 02:04 PM.