Originally Posted By: olemon
Ain't it funny how the ones that are 'thrown together' end up being hits!

Those guitars and all of the RT's fit together so well. You must be doing some editing somewhere along the line, aren't you?

In any case, this is excellent.

Prayers.

Scott

Hello Scott ...

Man, it's just so nice to have you hanging around the Users Form lately!

I was very pleased with how the two acoustic backing guitars mutually complemented. I had used each of them at one time or another in previous recordings, but I don't think I've put them together before. Wondering how that would work, they were the first two tracks I selected. Everything else came after that. I had a pretty good idea which acoustic lead would work best, and it did. I tried out several drum and bass tracks before settling on the ones I chose. After that, just chord entry and poof ... a song!

The only editing I've ever done, from day one with BIAB, is what I can do on the chord input sheet. Whatever that little BIAB mixer, in the upper right-hand corner, can give me is all I use with the exception of a little massaging in Audacity. About all I do in Audacity is apply a small of compression when needed and fine tune the EQ. After that, I export as both a WAV file and a high bit rate mp3. And voila ... I'm done.

Audacity is the closest thing I have to a DAW, and I use it just for the basics - EQ, compression, plus fade-ins and fade-outs. I have no mixing or mastering software; nor do I have any third party VSTs.

Likewise, I do not use a mixer for vocals. I plug my AT 2035 into my TC-Helicon vocal effects, from there to my Peavey Nashville 112 guitar amp and the guitar amp into the mic input on my computer. I get all my vocal tone and reverb from the guitar amp ... I MUCH prefer spring reverb to digital reverb. Thus, I do not record vocals dry ... they already have reverb and tone adjustments coming through the amp at the time of recording.

Probably *A LOT* more than you wanted, but that I would condense my recording technique for what it's worth.

Thanks for the wonderful comments! Wishing you the very best and please be safe.

Alan

Last edited by Al-David; 08/25/20 11:47 AM.

BIAB 2024 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win11*16GB DDR5*Rhyzen 9745x*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120* Acoustic/Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops