Originally Posted By: zedd
Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
2) Saving a Track to an APT is approximately 2.5 times faster than exporting the same track as a WAV.

3) Saving a Track to an APT automatically freezes the track. You have to manually freeze a track you exported if you want to use the original track material without it regenerating.

4) Saving a Track to an APT color codes the track so it's obvious at a glance you've converted the Track to an APT.

5) Saving a Track to an APT renames the track so it's obvious at a glance you've converted the Track to an APT...

But are we sure this is true for Mac users?

The only way I was able to create an APT at all was using your method where I first generated a WAV, and copied it elsewhere on my hard drive and then imported it back into BIAB as an APT. That's not faster... that is several steps beyond just creating a WAV.

I'll take another look at it, but since the Mac version has nothing in the PDF or in the GUI guide about this, I really wonder if you are describing a feature that Mac users don't actually have fully implemented. I would like to try this and see exactly what happens if I create several APTs and get a grasp on the benefits you are suggesting.

Yes. This is true for Mac since 2015. Watch the first 20 seconds of this PG Music video to see it.

Band-in-a-Box for Mac: Recording Audio

EDIT: This is an excellent video for Windows or Mac Users and clearly explains what the Artist Performance Track is, how to access it and how to move audio from the Audio Channel to another BIAB Mixer Channel. In the video, the demonstration uses live recording, I use this process to using RealTracks, Midi, Supermidi and loops as well as live audio. An APT is an excellent way to create a custom track using an instrument I can't play, or even an instrument I can play but a BIAB instrument can perform it better than I can.

Last edited by Charlie Fogle; 08/26/20 07:25 AM.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.