Warren, I'll admit I didn't read your post several times, which is what would be required to take it all in. But I will offer a few things:

1) I never had a 2i2. I've used 4i4, 8i8, and two 18i20s, a first and second generation. One thing those all have in common that yours does not is the separate mixing/routing software. To say this in another way, the 2i2 is simpler and should pose fewer problems.

2) No Focusrite beta drivers apply here. They haven't done anything of substance there since 2017.

3) I completely agree with Jim that your first task is to solve the freezes and that your Focusrite or its drivers may not be at fault at all.

4) there are some standard things you should rule out, such as background processes that spike and cause your freezes. I strongly recommend you do these things, in this order:

a. download and run Malwarebytes
b. download and run either DPC Latency Checker or Performance Monitor. Look for spikes from background processes.
c. check on your new PC that you do not have the HD Audio running in Device Manager, and if you do, disable it.
d. download and run Memtest all night.

If all that checks out, only then would I begin to think that the Focusrite is the problem.

Matt

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors