Dear Martin,

You probably have no idea how many people for how many years have been trying to find the answer you have just given to the problem of Wordpad retaining its orientation settings when reopening a RTF document. It is probably the most neglected piece of information Microsoft have never had the heart to supply. I have read so many expressions of frustration over this little known if not UNKNOWN fact.... that the page orientation is connected with the printer page orientation setting.

Some who have received your tip have unfortunately gone about it the wrong way. Going through the control panel doesn't work.

The right way is to have a RTF page open in Wordpad and go to print... at that point adjust the page print orientation to landscape or the default of portrait. When you save the page and close it, on reopening it will open in the orientation you set in the printer setup.

I believe it has also saved my tab margin settings too.

Thank you Martin for contributing in writing, this simple solution to the preservation of sanity in this age of the Covid-19 Devil

Diarbe