Hi guys,

I had to go look up the meaning of Americana to be sure I was on track with my comments.

When I listened to the song it was instantly recognizable. But why? What did it remind me of? And could those people be categorized as Americana?

The first person that came to mind was Lyle Lovett then I though yes Townes Van Zandt would write stuff like that. You guys said you like Lucinda Williams...I not sure I know her, perhaps that was because my first wife's name was Lucinda...lol

Nanci Griffith falls into that genera and so does Willie Nelson.

What you guys do is truly authentic Americana and really good stuff on top of that.

When I was young there we a couple of places in Houston Texas where I lived that many of the musicians like Lyle and Willie played at. Anderson Fair has become world famous. I use to go to Sand Mountain and Willie Nelson, David Allen Coe, Lyle Lovett and many other of today's household names would show up to play and we got to play with them and for sure drink with them. They were just people we knew in the same way we know Janice & Bud...just friends we liked who play and sang really cool music.

We are really lucky you have you guys around here!!

Cheers,

Billy

Last edited by Planobilly; 09/05/20 08:56 AM.

New location, new environment, new music coming soon

Seize the moo-ment
If you feel like you’ve herd all these cow puns before, you probably have deja-moo