No holds barred here. Even if it's the craziest idea ever, assume here that anything is possible. After the Synth AXE in 1984, those weird guitars that Daryl Steurmer and Mike Rutherford had in Genesis with the hot swap-ready neck and electronics, and Steinburger removing the headstocks, we have seen a lot, but there has to be more.

I would want a Tele style body. Rosewood neck. But the neck would have E-D-D-I-E fret markers on 9-7-5-3 and 1. And the electronics would be extremely difficult, but in this age, difficult doesn't mean impossible. I would want a series of buttons on the bottom left of the body by the cutaway that when I find a tonal combination I like I can double press a button and the electronics would store the location of the volume, tone and pickup selection. The buttons would have an LED so I know which is selected. There would also be one button that turns off any selected preset. Then to clear the setting for reuse, just tap and hold. I haven't worked out yet how I would preserve the memory when the batteries went dead, but since it can't happen anyway, let that be assumed. Maybe on a stick of RAM. I dunno.

A long time ago I took an old guitar and on the bottom half I used velcro to put a mini one octave MIDI controller so I could stop playing guitar, hold the pick in my teeth, play a string or horn part via MIDI, then go back to guitar. So I had a REAL key-tar!! That didn't last long because not only are my fingers too fat to play chords on that tiny keyboard, I also had to run a MIDI cable to use it. Much later on I had an M-Audio MidAir, which was a wireless MIDI transmitter. I stuck that on the back of a 49 key M-Audio controller that I rigged with strap pins so I could wear it around my neck like Edgar Winter used to do before such things were built. I now have an Alesis Vortex, but it was cool back then to have one I made myself.

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.