Here I go, ruffling feathers again.

Who exactly is this schmuck beyond a self proclaimed music industry somebody with a youtube channel? He keeps telling us what a producer he is but I can't find anything about him that mentions any bands of note. Parmalee is the most successful, and from what I read on a quick scan they sold 7300 copies of their most successful album, and I don't even know if that is the one Beato produced. He seems to produce first albums of a bunch of nobody bands that don't sell and they move on to someone else. I just don't see that he has the cred to be blowing his own horn like he does. 90% of his income comes from youtube videos that I watch 3 or 4 minutes of before I realize it's not really all that interesting. He has a ton of gear but anybody can buy gear.

What exactly am I missing? I mean this is not Bob Clearmountain or Mutt Lange here. With so many bands self producing, people like this are losing relevance every day. For a while there every video had some guitar player named Rhett Shull on it, and more research on that guy shows he is a hired gun player who primarily plays with a lot of lower level bands. If somebody wants to get my attention, produce albums for acts that play arenas.

The link below is his production resume. Anybody there REALLY catch your eye? For me he falls into that group of youtube heroes who have no real job and need some kind of scam to make money. All the "guitar teachers" and guitar "techs" who restring guitars and gear channels run by people who don't even play in bands.... I don't get it.

https://www.allmusic.com/artist/rick-beato-mn0000357243/credits

Please enlighten me.

Last edited by eddie1261; 09/17/20 11:12 AM.

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.