It's a tangent to this thread.

When all the members of the band that made the hit record have been replaced and there are no 'original' members left, and they still tour with the same name, is the audience being cheated into seeing a "tribute band" but paying higher prices?

A couple of years ago, a friend went to see "The Kingston Trio". All 3 members of the trio are deceased. None of the present members made any of the hit recordings. I didn't have the heart to tell her she paid premium prices for a tribute band.

Often either a non-member who purchased the name or the Record Label company may own the name. Motown owned all the group names and sometimes had 3 or 4 groups touring the country with the same name. I know this for a fact because I gigged for Motown for a while.

Back on thread.

If a band has one hit, but is alive and prosperous for years they are still a 'one hit wonder'. A single #1 hit on Billboard can give you headliner work for up to 10 years and nostalgia work for years after that.

Also a one hit wonder in the USA might be a multi-hit star in non US countries like the UK, Canada, Australia, France, etc. but in the US they are still considered one-hit-wonders.

I wonder if the opposite is also true. A band or single with numerous hits in the USA are for all practical purposes one-hit-wonders elsewhere.

Here's another one-hit-wonder with a very well recorded and produced hit "Killer Joe" by the Rocky Fellers

Insights and incites by Notes

Bob "Notes" Norton smile Norton Music
https://www.nortonmusic.com

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks