Eddie, I totally agree with you on the lead of the group leaving leaves a tribute band.

I'll add The Beach Boys were a tribute band when Brian Wilson was out.

Jay And The Americans had 3 lead singers named Jay, but the second one, whose name is really Dave is the voice of the band.

To me a one-hit-wonder in the US needs to have only one hit on Billboard and not more than that. It simplifies it.

My dad who played trumpet, violin, ukulele and later in life organ, he was a big band fan and he had a 'linen closet' full of LPs. When he quit smoking he bought one LP per week, so we had the Dorseys, Artie Shaw, Count Basie (one of my youthful favorites), Glenn Miller, Duke Ellington, Harry James, Benny Goodman, and associated acts like Frank Sinatra, Louis Prima (with Keely, Sam & The Witnesses), and the Andrews Sisters (who I respect to this day).

My mom liked Broadway, my big sister was an Elvis and early rock fan.

When we moved to Florida (I was 10) I was exposed to country as well as Salsa and other Caribbean forms of music. This opened up a whole new world for me.

I got in the school band and went head over heels to classical music, especially from the Romantic period to the Contemporary. It's still my 'desert island' genre.

I still seek out different kinds of music. Some of the forms I couldn't make a steady of diet of, and in most genres there are songs I like and those I don't care for (they are for other ears), but different forms of music say things in different and often interesting ways.

I want the music to make me emotional, love it, question it, be passionate about it, or even hate it. Just don't bore me.

Here is a one-hit-wonder that is actually a pretty awful song, it's so bad it's fun, and when we play it, if I play it at the right time for the right crowd, our audience loves it.

I usually announce it as being consistently in the top 10 worst rock and roll song lists...

"Surfin' Bird" by The Trashmen. And no, they don't deserve greater recognition wink

Insights and incites by Notes

Bob "Notes" Norton smile Norton Music
https://www.nortonmusic.com

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks