Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Good points about Floyd, Greg, but don't think you're going to sell yourself short and get away with it grin

Greg is one of the most humble great writers I've ever met. A rare quality.

Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
The Waylon vibe is nailed with a feel of both Good Hearted Woman and I've Always Been Crazy.

If ya wanna go outlaw he's THE. MAN.

But what sets this apart is the more sophisticated lyric with more subtleties than typical with the sub-genre.

Excellent vocals and likely the best generated harmony we've heard, i.e., we never noticed!

The band ... what to say other than nailed. The rockabilly bass certainly adds to the "straw on the floor" vibe.

Janice said the loping feel made her want to get out her boots and cowgirl dress -- yes she has them smile

Cool outlaw in the picture -- somebody you know?

Fun!

J&B

The Outlaw sound was distinctive. Glad you thought we hit that. And thanks for the mentions on the lyric, the harmony... and the bass (though that was BIAB's doing - one of the few times I've simply found the right Style and gone with it...).

I have no doubt that the girl is and always has been a real cowgirl. smile

Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
love it!

I immediately heard Haggard, then a few seconds later... Waylon. That's a great combination of influences in my humble opinion. They don't make music like that in Nashville any more.

Thanks, Herb. Figured you might like this one....