Some of you may remember about 18 months ago when I first posted about her arthritic back issues. Many of you were very comforting and supportive and I appreciate you all for that.

Today, at 6pm, she found relief from her pain. It was one of the most difficult things I ever had to do, but I did have to do it. She was existing, but not living. My vet, who I trust explicitly, agreed that it was time for her to leave.

I had her for 13 years and 7 months to the day. We spent the day going to all the parks she used to like the best, with me pulling her around in her modern day counterpart of our little red wagon, now made of canvas instead of metal. Then we came home and took a nap for an hour or so, and sadly I then took her for the ride from which she did not return.

Knowing it was right for her eased the pain for me. My vet commented that she had "dead" eyes. No sparkle, no life in them at all. So she went to sleep in my arms one last time. Now I wonder how I am going to go to sleep tonight without her snoring in her bed next to mine.

I plan to do a road trip in my little trailer for about a month and get away from the dog ghosts that will be in this house, after which I will start looking for the next perfect for me dog. I will ALWAYS have a dog.

I just wanted to update all of who who offered your support when this first came around and thank you again for it.

Last edited by eddie1261; 10/06/20 04:12 PM.

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.