He is a happy guy. At the moment he is a little peeved because I am watching TV in the bedroom and I have to have him in the cone of shame for a few days after he was neutered. They got him in from a kill shelter in Kentucky on Thursday at 7:45 and by 10 he was neutered. Obviously the stitches itch and he wants to lick, and equally obviously I can't let him do that. So cone of shame it is for a few days while I sleep.

He loves it outside and the first couple of times he asked me to take him he kind of stood on the porch like he was asking me for permission to go down into the yard. Thus last time he did not. There is a ramp off the porch and thus far he has come up the steps 4 times and the ramp just once. I get the sense that once he learns the house rules and develops the confidence of knowing that he is home, he is going to be a fine companion. The shelter is an hour away and he rode in the car with no motion sickness issues. We don't know about housetraining because they didn't have him long enough to observe, but they did say he didn't mess his crate last night. We'll see. If he pees, he pees. No big deal. Food on my feeding schedule starts tomorrow. Right now he is sleeping soundly at the foot of the bed, unhappy as you can imagine because of the cone. LOL!

Here's a little video from when we first got home.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLtbfMuXpro&ab_channel=EastSideEddie

Last edited by eddie1261; 10/09/20 04:15 PM.

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.