Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
One of our favs Hans.
Janice's first comment was "John Lennon!"
Your impassioned vocal with all of the dynamics is outstanding.
The harmonies sound good too.
The band is excellent -- the violin, strings and drums are very nice.
Glad you read that book title because it resulted in an excellent write!

Well done indeed.
J&B

Wow J&B, that is very nice to read! I told my wife John Lennon is reincarnated now.
She wasn't impressed that much. She wants to know what Janice's second comment was.
Dutch girls are like that...

And I had a good feeling that probably lasts the whole week!
I readjust the song a bit (the bg-vocals) because Dave and Floyd told me to. I am convinced it won't change one of your compliments!

Thanks a lot,
Hans

Originally Posted By: CaptainMoto
Nice song.
I like the arrangement and your vocals.

About harmonies:
I'm with the others who commented.
They sound pretty good.
I also have the same question about what version of Melodyne you are using.

I have not had success trying that with my basic verion.
In any case...........well done!

Hi CaptainMoto, thanks so much for your nice comment!
I did what you, Dave and Floyd said. I readjust the vocalsetting. Mainly in the chorus.

And see what I wrote to Dave and Floyd about Melodyne version 5. It is hard to learn but after that you're going to be satisfied.
But it is no magic, but hard labour...

Originally Posted By: Al-David
Hello Hans ...
This is my favorite of your songs I've heard. Everything about this is excellent. Your vocal is really good. As far as the background vocal harmony, I would slightly cut the higher EQ and add a little reverb.
That is a very enjoyable song .. loved the arrangement! best to you. Be safe!
Alan

Hi Alan, it's nice to read such huge compliments from you. I missed that for a while from you.
I did what you asked on the background vocals; a little reverb extra and some adjustments on the eq.
It must be better now. I thought I wanted the 'female' vocal near to the lead vocal, but read your posts on this. Now I left it in the verses but lowered it in the chorusses (a bit of everything ;-)

Stay safe too, Corona is back everywhere!
Hans

quote=rayc]This is a terrific effort complete with your very personal phrasing and perspective.
There're a few English syntax/grammar bits that could use tweaking but I'd be more than happy to do such a generally grand job in a 2nd language.
Ace.[/quote]

Hi Ray, it's so nice to read your compliments on the used language. But please feel free to give me all the suggestions you have on this. You once rewrote a lyric for me. I hope I will reach the level where that won't be necessary anymore. I'm afraid that will be wishfull thinking, but still...

Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
https://soundcloud.com/user-296497130