Originally Posted By: Dero13
Hello Birchwood,
Very nice melody, with well written lyrics. Your voice matches the music. I read that you used melodyn to rework harmonics and smooth out imperfections. Well done.
Best regards

Dero13
alias JaniJackFlash

Hi JJF/Dero13,

Thanks for these kind words from you!
I used Melodyne to create my backing vocals in this one. I didn't rework them, although I have created them from out of the leadvocal track, so in a way it is reworking them or reshaping them into some other vocal. Nice thing to do, but takes hours.
I'm glad you liked it,

Hans

Originally Posted By: Deryk - PG Music
Really well done - phenomenal vocal delivery on this, as it's been said already. Loved the lyrics and how you performed them. That aside, I thought your Melodyn work was done well here. Though the mix was solid also.

Thanks for sharing smile

Hello Deryk, what a nice comment you wrote! That Melodyne is going to be a topic, I think. But actually I prefer real human voices. But I can't get that high anymore, so with a little help...

Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Hans,
Ruins are a good lead in to your melancholy internal musing; I like the lyrics, especially the verse lines.
The light rock feel of the arrangement does indeed remind me also of Lennon`s solo work... and then, of course, there`s that voice, so strong and expressive!
Very good song!

Robert

Hi Robert, when you say you like these lyrics, I'm getting proud.
In these lyrics I didn't skip all the 'in between' words, but I had you on my mind when writing them!
Janice and Bud wrote about the 'Lennon' sound, you -in a way- too. I don't hear any of that myself, but everyone around me here now know I am the new Lennon (although they didn't recognized it either, but I think they're jealous).
Thanks for your comment on the song!

Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
https://soundcloud.com/user-296497130