Originally Posted By: Jim Fogle
Line 6 Variax +++ Variax +++

Got one of those on my list. I 100% second this motion.

Originally Posted By: bobcflatpicker
Originally Posted By: MarioD
If you don't want to spend a lot of money you might want to look at Blue Cat's Re-Guitar:

https://www.bluecataudio.com/Products/Product_ReGuitar/

It does an excellent job of changing guitar tones, including electric to many different acoustics.

But if you go that route it takes away a perfectly good justification for buying another guitar. smile

Who needs justification? Guitars exist that I don't own yet, there's my justification!

Originally Posted By: etcjoe
Originally Posted By: eddie1261
Originally Posted By: Jim Fogle
Line 6 Variax +++ Variax +++

This is on my someday list now that the motherboard issues have been fixed. I know a half dozen people who had one and notes just stopped playing. More accurately, STRINGS just stopped playing. I was at a show when the 2nd and 3rd strings suddenly stopped responding and the guy had to stop mid song and change guitars. They seemed to be really badly affected by humidity back then. I understand the James Tyler variant does not have that problem. I do like the concept of modeling guitars along with my Line 6 modeling amp.

All so I can play in my upstairs bedroom studio! But hey, you can't take it with you, right? I make it, I spend it. No concern in the slightest about saving money. I don't need money, I have credit. So many hoard money because "what if I have a medical emergency". Okay. I get it. I also don't have that worry with the VA standing behind me. So yeah, I'll get one soon here. Likely a white Strat body model. Love them when they work.

I still have an original model from the first run of the Variax and also have a James Tyler model. Both still work very well and have never had any issues whatsoever with either.

I actually had an old Variax 300 come onto my workbench a couple years ago, the owner had plugged it into the wrong port on his amp with the ethernet cable. Fried the guitar irreparably, and I found out in the process that Line 6 neither sells parts nor allows users to talk about repairs on their forums, so we were unable to get it fixed.

I work here