There's vocal correction software and then there's vocal correction software..... depends on what you are trying to accomplish.

The better ones are going to cost a bit more than the $100 limit you have imposed. I do believe that you mostly get what you pay for. Free and cheap are free and cheap for a reason.

I like Melodyne. It is a great plug in for vocal correction that is mostly transparent when used properly. No nasty sounding artifacts. You can buy Melodyne 5 Essentials for $99 currently. Vocal pitch and timing correction is in it and 95% of what you need is pitch and timing fixes. I use it on the vast majority of my vocal and on some of my instrument tracks and the good thing is no one can tell where I have used it. It's totally transparent.

PLUS... you can download a free Melodyne demo that you can try for a few days to see if it is what you want. Can't beat that!

https://shop.celemony.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/CelemonyShop.woa/wo/L5s0sjMJxVnWOkYhHOptE0/0.0.31.23.5.19.0.9

One thing I have learned by using Melodyne is that when you observe the "blobs" it can actually show you what your voice is doing. This lets you see and learn how to fix the issues at the singing level. Such things as pushing a note or pulling back in the middle of a note which affect the results, can be seen, and once you see it and are aware of it, you will hear it when you do it and you can learn to fix the problems before they start, hence becoming a better, stronger singer.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.