Hi y’all,

first of all I want to thank you, also on Maha’s behalf, once again for your good wishes and your understanding - we appreciate them more than you might imagine.

Like I wrote there won’t be many contributions to the forum this year - this one took many months to accomplish and we were lucky that Maha had some better days a couple of weeks ago, so she could do the mixing and appear in two smal scenes in the video. I’m afraid it might take quite some time before she’ll be able to go on with all that.

Maybe I will post one or two earlier songs/videos, but I’ll have to check them first wether or not they’re good enough for your ears end eyes.

As to ‘Heck, I Was Just Dreaming’: Got the idea to write a Chuck Berry hommage when Janice & Bud & Peter poblished a song using the Chuck Berry style - I think it was C. C. Rider.

I’ve been a huge Chuck Berry fan ever since - in fact I’m pretty sure it was him resp. his marvellous songs that lit my fire of love for Rock ‘n’ Roll and guitar playing in general.

And I still think that he was one of the greatest story tellers of them all - lyrics like ‘Too Much Monkey Business’ are immortal, aren’t they...

So here’s my humble attempt to bring the names of 51 great Chuck Berry tunes into a (more or less) reasonable order.

Video on YouTube (with lyrics)

Video on my website (with lyrics)

Audio on SoundCloud

Hope y’all gonna have some fun listening and watching even in times like these that stifle any laughter for so many reasons whenever you switch on your TV.

Take good care,

Stefan

========================================

Musical data:

Bass: RT 2149 (New Orleans Boogie)
Piano: RT 2151 (New Orleans Boogie)
Guitar 1: RT 1718 (Texas Blues Rock)
Drums: Written in MIDI played by MTPowerDrums

Vocals: Me
Guitar solos: Me (Fender Strat Jeff Beck Signature, Vox VT 20

Like always designed in Band-in-a-box and worked out in RealBand.

Maha mixed the thing using Reaper for the first time. Also for the first time she used one or two CLA plug-ins. I really admire her for having the will to accomplish the song despite being ill. She tried to keep the sound rougher than usual - my tinnitus ears are completely satisfied with it. Thank you so much, honey - whatever you do: I love it!