Eddie,

I am aware of the speed of light...lol And yes, there is currently no way to collaborate in real time over the internet at long distances. You can, and thousands of people do collaborate in "near real time" across the world over the internet. Can you play in sink? No, It requires both parties being connected to the same DAW and communicating over video.

The delay of a audio signal over the internet is distance dependent. About 16 milliseconds at 3000 miles plus whatever network latency exist.

Actually, I never said "real time". This is what I posted. "They should be able to add tracks if given permission in near real time. There should be some sort of chat box or video that would allow for communication."

In any event I think Bandlab may do what I want as it says it can link to Zoom...doing a test at the moment.

Here is a blog that describes some but not all of the issues around remote internet collaboration. https://www.musictech.net/guides/essential-guide/getting-set-up-for-remote-collaboration/

Cheers,

Billy

New location, new environment, new music coming soon

Seize the moo-ment
If you feel like you’ve herd all these cow puns before, you probably have deja-moo