Originally Posted By: Ghostgum
Interesting song. I liked the fact that the melody in the chorus was unpredictable. Unique.

Hi Ghostgum, very nice compliment you gave me. I (sometimes) like to be (a bit) unpredictable.
Although in this song I thought I was very predictable; I started with singing about 'me' (the person in the story)who has to make a turn and I explained why: his whole live was based on a 'wrong' presupposition. To notice this did hurt him. And I sung with a lot of sorrow in my voice. But of course the song is also cynical. The real message is not to let this (turn) happen!

Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Hans,
A good, introspective write.
A very cool BAND. An interesting combination creating an original sound.
The BGVs are nicely done.
A good main vocal (slightly "brighter" than it needs to be).

You are making interesting, original music. With some deep messages.
Cool stuff.
fj

Hi Floyd, thanks for your observations and compliments! And I don't mind if you tell me straight away my eq-problem is still at hand here. But you putted it mildly: 'slightly 'brighter! Nice!
I think I adjusted it, but Misha is telling me the same as you (bluntly compared to you...).
I like stories with some dept in in. But not everyone listens to lyrics. In discusions at home I'm always confronted with that. But I don't like to learn on that.

Originally Posted By: Crossroads
Hi Hans,
like Floayd wrote: You're making a lot of interesting songs with deep messages.
This one is a very good one, too. I think your singing has improved a lot (although I've liked it from the start) and I have to repeat what I've said so often: That backing track is kjst amazing.
And the mix sounds definitely pretty close to perfect - hats off!!
All the best, we're gonna stay in personal contact anyway.

Stefan

Hello Stefan, it's good to have you around again! Especially with your kind of comments on my song ;-)
No, really thanks for them. You are too kind by not mentioning my 'bright' voice, or I already fixed it before your comment.

Originally Posted By: Dero13
Hello Birchwood,
I have always appreciated your very philosophical lyrics. It reminds me of people who after a disaster or a war said "never again" and we find that nothing changes. Quite philosophical, the blue atmosphere is very pleasant and the arrangement very pleasant. Well done.
Kindly regard

Dero13
alias JaniJackFlash

Hi Dero13 JJJ, Very nice words from you. Thanks! Yes, sometimes I warn myself not to become too cynical with my thoughts. But I really am amazed in what tempo things change and not in a good way. Don't you think so? But it is also a good thing to see it in perspective as well. Thanks for listening (again)!

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
https://soundcloud.com/user-296497130