Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
I'm not following. You should be able to import any audio file to any place in your song you want. Using the Audio Tool bar, import WAV\WMA..... and a small window directory appears for you to select an audio file, select and hit Open; another window opens where you designate the bar/beat/tick which defaults to the current time where the curser is or you can set this to anywhere in the song. Be sure you have the track you want to import to selected before importing.

Is that how you import audio?

Y9u are one of the OGs here. You are probably talking about BIAB. I use RB. All I know how to do is hit FILE then IMPORT and import the file I want. And no matter where my cursor is it brings it in to beat 1 measure 1.

Even that isn't completely what I want to be able to do. Say I am working on a song. I want to put in a bridge at bar 39. I want to be able to say "Okay Real Band. Put in 8 blank bars at measure 39. In those 8 mars let me enter chords in the chord window. Then let me generate those 8 bars and JUST those 8 bars. I have tried that maybe 2 dozen times and I simply can't figure out how to do it. I find that as soon as you start editing, moving measures around, etc... the software fall apart. Then if you try to move a part marker so the drum fills are in the right place, which calls for regeneration... you may as well just start over with a blank canvas. I lived this very thing TODAY!. I ended up just throwing the song away and when I get over the bad mood I am toward Real Band right now I may go back to it. If not, oh well. It's just another mediocre song nobody but me cares about. I can write another mediocre song nobody cares about any time.

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.