Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Cool write, vocals and guitar performances.

Glad to hear you aren't a bag phone guy smile Bud was!

Enjoyed it,

J&B

Nope.... I never had a bag phone but I know a few who did. My first cell was a truck mounted phone. I still have the same number today as when I first got that truck phone.... and it was from Radio Shack. I think it was 360 communication then, which became Alltel, and then Verizon. I left Verizon a year ago and went to Cricket. Better price and a better deal. Anyway.... I started back in the pay per minute days. Your phone bill was always a surprise and often, not a good surprise. The flip phone was several non-truck mounted phones later.... My father in law had a bag phone. I don't think he ever used it. He was a trash pile picker and it was in the garage among the junk we threw out after he passed away. Chances are good he picked it off of someones trash because I never saw him using it.

Funny story.... He left us 2 garages filled floor to ceiling with junk. Before he passed away, we decided to start clearing out the junk. We started hauling stuff out, dozens of lawnmowers, broken tools, just anything that was obviously broken junk, and piling it beside the street. The city had announced a special clean up day, so his wife figured she'd take advantage of the city's offer. We had a pile that was 4 feet high, 10 feet wide and 25 feet long. He threatened to call 911 on us for throwing away his valuable stuff. But before long, I kid you not... people started showing up in pickup trucks and with trailers and started loading his broken junk to carry it home to add to their pile. By the time the city got there to collect it, the people had removed a good solid 50% of the junk. Occasionally, he would find something really nice or valuable in his trash pickings.... but most of it was junk.

My wife had an old Nokia phone that finally died.... she had to upgrade to a smart phone and just the the old Nokia.... never keeps it turned on unless she needs to use it to call out.

Thanks for listening.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.