Originally Posted By: ROG
Hi Guys,

A great song and fabulous instrumental work from you both.

Along with Ghostgum, I also noticed a nod towards "Layla" smile

Great lyrics, vocals and mix.

Loved the whole thing.

ROG.

Yeah, I figured the guitarists on the forum would pick up on the Layla quote wink They actually copped that lick from an Albert King song, but you probably already knew that.

Thanks, ROG!

Originally Posted By: Leon1
Hi guys
Good song and great playing, as always. Enjoyed your vocal, Dave. You should do it more often.
Regards,
Leon

Thanks, Leon!

Originally Posted By: Crossroads
Dave & Marty,

that's a heckuva collaboration! Both of you did an excellent job. Who coukld not realte to the lyrics at our age? Marvellous. Great vocal, terrific work on the guitar, a perfect bass. Mix top-notch, too.

Really enjoyed the listen a lot. Thanks for sharing.

Stay safe,

Stefan

Appreciate the listen and comments, Stefan!

Originally Posted By: jannesan
Very enjoyable singing, fits with the story and the melody. Great bass and guitar playing, I like how the tone is bit lower, works well together with the male vocals. I got some Marc Knopfler vibes.

Nice progression, I was expecting a melancholy song based on the title, but this has more positive mood, even though "the end is drawing near." Ending the chorus with a minor chord and using the line "the meaning of my life" works surprisingly well. Very clever idea to go backward in the lyrics, like in the Memento movie, I haven't noticed that kind of approach before, it has a strong emotional effect (looking back at the past life).

Janne

I initially planned on ending the chorus with the E7#9 chord instead of the Am, that would have been the obvious thing to do, but thought the Am gave it a unique feel. Very impressed you picked up on that!

Thanks, Janne!

Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
I love Chris's stuff, but you guys do just fine on your own too!!! Great track......strong lyric, great playing......just SO easy to listen to!!! Love it guys!! Take care. Greg

Well, we are having fun. But! Very much looking forward to when Chris can join us again smile

Originally Posted By: rayc
Fbaulous stuff.
The I'm not excited by the drums but they do their job unobtrusively enough.
Bass is cool and REALLY consistent.
Guitar licks n kickk really well.
Vocals are well sorted for the song...personally I'd edit some of the uhs from the end of phrases but that's me - they give me the lounge singer vibe when & where ever I hear them.
Very cool tracks.

Yes, I should clean the vocal up. Problem is I've been spoiled working with a great vocalist, it's much more work trying to make my crappy vocal sound decent eek

And "I'm not excited by the drums but they do their job unobtrusively enough" is probably the nicest thing you have ever said about one of my drum tracks, LOL.

Thanks Ray, as always I really appreciate your honest and thoughtful reviews, I've learned a lot from you wink