I'm a bit confused over the way RB behaves when I generate a loop.

The way I understand it is that RB will detect the details of an ACID loop and use these in generating the loop to follow the chord progression in a song. I have successfully been able to do this with the installed loops in the BB loops folder, but when I introduce my own loops I get some confusing results.

I have a folder fully of Sony ACID loops and I copied these to the loops folder as required by BB/RB.

When I select Generate Loops in RB I am presented with the contents of the loops folder where I can select one of my Sony loops. So far so fantastic because as I select each loop, RB detects the ACID details and presents these to me and I can also audition - all good. It even tells me that it IS and ACID loop. What more could I want. Especially when it now generates that track to follow the chord progression.

Well, when I now load a second folder of loops, each of which is is ACIDized and are detected correctly as such in ACID Pro, I don't get any of these details in RB and it does not show the loop as an ACID loop.

Try as I might, I just can't see the difference in either of these two types, either in ACID Pro or Sound Forge. Both type show that the are ACID loops with a specified tempo and chord root.

So, I would really be grateful if somebody could help me out here.

Thanks