Jpt3, Tano, Marty, Stefan, Belladonna, CaptainMoto, Janne, and rayc

Thanks for stopping in and giving this collaboration a spin. It’s always a pleasure and a challenge working with Christian, which is what makes it so much fun. All the more so when it seems to come out well. Christian sent this to me back in late August, which only goes to show how slow I am to get to stuff. Thanks again to Christian for his patience. A few additional comments on some of the feedback:

Tano: Since you asked, LOL smile . . . . as Christian noted, the music was complete when he sent it to me, which has been the case for all of our collaborations. As I referenced above, that’s what makes it a fun challenge for me, given I tend to write the lyrics for my solo writes (for the most part) along with the music (though it seems less so these days).

Add to it that Christian is very creative in his chord progressions . . . it requires a different approach as I listen to his music and try writing lyrics to it. Typically, I listen at least a half dozen or so times, or more, until a phrase comes to me. In this case, “blue sky falling down” . . . and then it was a matter of setting up the verses to that concluding line.

From a process perspective, Christian sends me a music track with a piano playing the melody. With past efforts, I haven’t always adhered to that melody, going instead to where my ears wanted to go . . . but on this one, it seemed spot on. So much so, that I suggested to Christian that we keep the piano melody playing under the vocal, as it does here (where on our prior collaborations, the piano melody is cut).

The biggest challenge I had here—like on other songs I’ve done with Christian—is that bridge. Again, Christian takes some very fresh turns on the chord progression. It took me a bit to find it.

Belladonna: Thanks for the comment on the vocal. To be honest, I was a little worried, even up until recording, that I couldn’t pull this song off. It starts really low in my register, and I wasn’t sure it would resonate. At one point, I was tempted to suggest to Christian that we find someone else to sing it. But I’m glad it worked out. The wonders a good mic and vocal effects can do, LOL! smile

Deej