Ok, spent a few hours today with this running in the background. Here is my take.

Definitely laid back Jazz! Instrumental Trios and Quintets. I don't think there was a vocal arrangement in any of the albums. Drums were very prominent. These jazz drums are not (IMO) found in BIAB. These drums are way more fluid and floating, complex and interesting then a rock or country groove. It was mentioned "non-linear rhythm" - Ya exactly. Good news for me is I have already seen that Jamstix will definitely give me these drum grooves. There is also a heavy accent on the Bass. Likely often an upright bass. Not sure how I will capture this. I have had my eye on EZBass for some time, but this may need an upright bass library VST. Melody is often carried by the piano alone or an occasional jazz horn. I don't hear a lot of uptempo swing stuff (maybe none!). More moody and improvisational.

All good stuff, but like any jazz, not to everyone's taste. The wife didn't like much of it. I like it, and have found some inspiration for my music. Thanks again to the OP for bringing my attention to this.

Dan

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper